MONDAY MOVIE MEME
This week Molly and Andy at the Bumbles Blog are asking all about movies that focus on money, so here's my pick:
- Greed (1924) - Silent film about the perils of winning the lottery, where things just get worse and worse for the characters. Terrific fun in a Schadenfreude sort of way.
- The Producers (1968) - The funniest movie about creative accounting ever.
- The Magic Christian (1969) - Peter Sellers tries to show Ringo Starr that anyone and anything can be bought with money in weird '60s comedy.
- Take The Money And Run (1969) - Not a lot to do with money, apart from mentioning it in the title, but it's a great Woody Allen film about an inept bank robber.
- The Heist (1971) - Originally called just $, the first half of the money is about Warren Beatty stealing money, the second half is him being chased for it.
- Trespass (2006) - Two firemen find a treasure map and end up upsetting Ice-T in a film written by the Back To The Future team of Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale.