Saturday, 19 June 2010
Here's my answers to this week's questions from the Saturday 9 Meme:
1. When was your last train ride?
It was this Friday, popping back to Fleetwood at the weekend to visit my mother. In the olden days I could have caught a single train to do the journey, but these days I get the excitement of three train journeys.
2. How many foreign countries have you visited? Tell us about one.
Eight - Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, Holland, Norway, Spain and America.
I went to Ireland just over ten years ago for less than a day to learn about some computer protocol that I never really used or understood, though I'm still supporting it at the moment. I went the day after St. Patrick's Day, which was on a Sunday that year, and one of the people who went with me tried to arrange it so we could enjoy St, Patrick's Day but sadly that was not to be, and all I really got to see of Dublin was a quick walk round at lunchtime.
I'm going back to Ireland with my girlfriend in September, so if this same question comes up after that I'll probably give a way more interesting answer.
3. What do you always take with you on vacation?
For all my recent vacations, that would be my passport.
4. Tell us about something you've lost recently.
I lost a black pen that my girlfriend's mother gave me; I last remember having it at a pub quiz months ago. I miss it greatly. If you see it, please get in touch.
5. Do you prefer action packed vacations or relaxing ones?
I'd veer more toward relaxing ones.
6. How long will you wait in a check out line before abandoning your purchases?
I can't even imagine abandoning my purchases; maybe if I'd waited so long that they were past their sell by date.
7. How old do you wish you were?
About the age I am now, because if I hadn't lived the years I've lived then I wouldn't be me.
8. Do you consider yourself kind?
Yes, though having said that I do tend to delight in others' misfortune.
9. Tell us about your tattoos. Or if you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be?
I've got no tattoos, and I can't imagine getting one since I believe there's pain involved. If I had to get one, I'd have eyes tattooed on my eyelids so I could fall asleep at work without people noticing.