To avoid getting thrown into a dungeon, here's my answers to this week's Queen's Meme
1. Do you watch American Idol?
2. Who is your favorite judge?
Probably Simon Cowell, because he's honest.
3. Who is your favorite contestant this season and why?
It's the glass-blowing girl who screams during her songs.
4. Who is your least favorite contestant this year and why?
I'm not sure I've got a least favourite, there's just a few who send me to comaville.
5. Have you ever actually voted via text message?
6. Is there a part of the show you find really annoying?
The results show seems a ridiculously long-winded way for Ryan Seacrest to read out one name.
7. What is your overall opinion of the show this season?
I'm less interested in it than last year, though that's probably due to the contestants rather than the show. Didn't think the guest judges during the audition process added much, though Ellen's a definite improvement.
8. Do you like Simon Cowell as a judge? What do you think of his judging style?
Yeah, he's a lot better on American Idol than on X-Factor in the UK (where he tends to be less honest about his own acts' weaknesses). I think he works well as a counterpoint to the other judges, though if everyone was brutally honest like him then it wouldn't work at all.
9. Is Ellen DeGeneres qualified to be an American Idol singing judge?
She's way more qualified than Quentin Tarentino was to be a mentor last season (I'm hoping they have David Lynch do it this year, that would be interesting). At least she represents the average viewer and knows how to communicate her thoughts well, rather than confusing me by saying things like the singer's pitchy like the other judges. She's cool, especially that time she went on stage to hug one of the contestants.
10. If you could pick a song to sing on the show this week, what would your song choice be and why?
I don't know what the theme is this week, plus I'm not a contestant so security would probably throw me out, plus there's yet to be a song written that works with my voice (with the possible exception of Wanderin' Star) so I'm kind of stuck for an answer.
11. Who is your favorite all-time American Idol winner? If you like, post a video of their performance.
It's not shown on the main channels here but on one I didn't used to be able to get, so I've only seen a couple of seasons. Of those, I'm not sure I've got a favourite; I tend to prefer the losers to the winners.
Monday Mimisms ~ Step Into My Garden - *The peonies bloomed late this year* * that pretty much describes me* *Sometimes I forget to pull the weeds* *from my own* * garden* * the rain falls a...
3 days ago